The Bunker by Snugpak ® is an iconic three-person dome basecamp and expedition tent, designed for robust semi-permanent shelter when exposed to prolonged severe weather elements. The Bunker dome design is a ‘Fly-first’ pitch tent that allows quick and easy set-up using an opposing pole design, protecting you from four season severe weather, and can be pitched in difficult and remote areas for extended periods. A tried and tested favourite of Mountaineers and Campers, the Bunker has an impressive floor space, measuring 2.5m long and 2.05m wide, as well as 1.05m of head space, creating ample room for three people in a top-toe sleeping arrangement; in an emergency the Bunker can accommodate up to six people sitting. This low-profile dome tent packs down well for its size, and has a trail weight of 3.07kg, using tried and tested DAC ® Aluminium Poles; for the approach in, the tent design allows the components to be split between individuals. Ideal for four season, base camping & expedition use with the Softie® Osprey 15 Sleeping Bag.
A spacious three-person tent, the Bunker will shelter you from the worst four-season inclement weather, with an impressive 5000mm Hydrostatic Head
PU Coated Fly sheet, with taped seams and a No-See-Um Mesh Mosquito Net, to keep out the bugs in summer months and warmer climates. For expeditions and base camping, the Bunker design is the perfect green, allowing you to fly-pitch your tent with minimal environmental impact to the surrounding areas, using an dome design system to form a spacious shelter that keeps condensation
build up to a minimum with multiple ventilation channels.
When ventures and expeditions last more than a few days, and with multiple participants, or if a semi- permanent camp is required, the Bunker has six internal mesh pockets for safe storage of equipment, allowing items to be at hand at the end of a long day, or over-night when creature comforts can be unpacked. The design also incorporates a hanging loop for lights and accessories once you have settled for the night. Hydrostatic Head (HH) is a waterproof measurement of a Shelter’s material’s coating; most commonly a thin film of polyurethane finish is added to a material to create polyurethane laminate (PUL) referred to as a PU Coating. It is this coating that gives Snugpak® Shelters their waterproof & windproof properties. See the article, Understanding Hydrostatic Head; How Waterproof is My Tent?
on the Snugpak Community Website.
• Green Outer and Black Mesh Inner, Perfect for Base Camping Ventures & Expeditions.
• Two-point Off-set Front Entry to protect from wind and severe weather.
• Multiple Ventilation Channels.
• Lightweight, but robust, 210t Ripstop Flysheet with 5000mm Waterproof PU Coating.
• Lightweight 190t Nylon 5000mm Waterproof PU Groundsheet, Bathtub Style.
• Lightweight 190t Polyester Mesh Inner, with 50D No-See-Um-Mesh Mosquito Net.
• Waterproof Taped Seams.
• Six Mesh Internal Pockets for equipment and head-end hanging loop.
• DAC® Featherlite NSL®Anodised Aluminium Poles, with press fit connections.
• Supplied with 17 Lightweight Alloy Cross-Stakes, with two-spares.
• Ideal for 4-season, basecamp ventures & expedition use with the Softie® Osprey 15 Sleeping Bag.
Flysheet 225cm(L) x 255cm(W) x 120cm(H)
Inner Tent 205cm(L) x 235cm(W) x 105cm(H)
210t Polyester RipStop pu with a 5000mm waterproof polyurethane coating
190t Nylon with Polyester Mesh