Our Metal magazines are manufactured for .300WM and .338LM calibers.
The .300WM can also be used for 7mm, 30.06 and 6.5x55 calibers. In some cases the feed-lips may need to be bent.
The maximum cartridge overall length that will fit in this 3.715 magazine is 3.615.
Important. Standard size magazines will not work with Tikka T3 actions. Our chassis systems for Tikka T3 have been manufactured to accept the custom 3.560 length magazine. All our other chassis are sold with the 3.715 magazine well. (If you purchased a rifle with our chassis on it, please check with the manufacturer which magazine length is used)
Our metal AICS magazines are manufactured from high strength steel and finished with Cerakote for ultimate durability and corrosion resistance.
The magazines are offered in .300 Winchester Magnum and .338 Lapua Magnum configurations and are compatible with AICS pattern DBM chassis and bottom metals
The 300 Win Mag magazine can also be used for 7mm Rem Mag, 30.06, 6.5x55 and similar cartridges by adjusting the feed lips.
The magazines are manufactured in multiple lengths.
3.715" 300 WM and 338 LM for our chassis systems and other DBM
3.560" 300WM for our chassis systems for Tikka long action rifles (270 Win, 30-06, 300 WM etc)
3.850" 300 WM and 338 LM for CIP spec chassis and DBM
- All our chassis are manufactured with a 3.715 magazine well.
- If however you purchased a rifle direct from an OEM or retailer, please check the specifications.
- The Remington Tactical Chassis Rifle and 338 Lapua XCR rifles use a 3.775" magazine not available from MDT
- Tikka T3 long action calibers in our chassis you must use the 3.560" option.
- Will not work with 300 Remington Ultra Mag, 300 Weatherby, and similar cartridges.
*Images may represent a different MDT Metal Magazine - Long Action