The original, award-winning ultralight personal straw filter for outdoor sports, survival and emergencies.
The original ultralight backpack and travel-friendly “straw” filter, the LifeStraw makes contaminated water safe to drink by removing bacteria and parasites, preventing the majority of waterborne disease. Use it to drink directly from streams and lakes, or fill up a container and use your LifeStraw to enjoy clean water on the go. The LifeStraw has unlimited shelf life and once opened can provide an individual with more than 5 years of safe drinking water.
The microbiological, membrane microfilter removes:
• 99.999999% of bacteria (including E. coli)
• 99.999% of parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.)
• 99.999% of microplastics
User’s manual provided in: English, French, German and Chinese
We believe that responsible manufacturing includes creating and maintaining a strong evidence base for our product claims and their intended impacts. All products undergo rigorous independent testing to meet or exceed protocols established by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) We also built and run an ISO accredited water laboratory based in Vietnam that does quality validation and testing of all of our new and existing products.
• Membrane microfilter: 0.2 micron pore size. Removes 99.999999% of bacteria, 99.999% of parasites, and 99.999% of microplastics
• Also removes silt, sand, and cloudiness
• Meets US EPA drinking water standards for bacteria and protozoa reduction
• Membrane microfilter lifetime: 1,000 gallons (4,000 liters)
• Filtration powered by: suction
• Flow Rate: 3 liters/min
• EPA Est. No. 95395-KOR-1