How It Works
The next generation of the award winning LifeStraw personal water filter, the LifeStraw Flex provides added versatility and protection while continuing to be extremely lightweight and long-lasting. The 2-stage filter protects against bacteria, parasites, and microplastics while also expanding protection against lead and some chemicals. The product is ideal for hiking, camping, and emergency preparedness/survival. It includes a collapsible squeeze bottle.
Stage 1: The membrane microfilter removes:
• 99.999999% of bacteria (E. coli)
• 99.999% of parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.)
• 99.999% of microplastics
Stage 2: The activated carbon capsule reduces:
• Lead and other heavy metals
• Bad odor and taste
• Organic chemical matter
DOWNLOAD USER MANUAL (PDF)
- Kit includes: LifeStraw Flex filter, 22 oz soft bottle and backwashing syringe for cleaning
- Filtration technology: Membrane microfilter (0.2 microns) paired with a carbon fiber filter
- Microbiological filter capacity: 500 gallons (2,000 liters). Pores clog over time as the filter is used; reaching end of life when water cannot pass through
- Carbon filter capacity: 25 gallons (100 liters). With frequent use, recommended to change fitler every 3 months
- Soft bottle material: TPU
- Soft bottle capacity: 22 fl oz
- Soft bottle size: 10.6” x 3.85”
- Filter size: 6.42” x 1.49”
- Product weight with soft bottle: 3.15 oz (0.20 lbs)
- BPA Free
- Replaceable membrane microfilter and carbon filters available
- Can be used as a straw or in the soft bottle provided.
- Fits most standard size hydration bladders. Using the LifeStraw Flex in-line with a hydration bladder is done by cutting the hose at the mouthpiece or midway. See how
- Fits many gravity systems on the market that use a standard tube size. LifeStraw Flex is fits into the base of the tube connecting the bag to the filter. See how: (insert link to article)
- LifeStraw Flex with a gravity bag and hose (instead of a soft bottle) is sold separately or you can purchase just the gravity bag and hose if you want to add it to your LifeStraw Flex with soft collapsible bottle kit.
We believe that responsible manufacturing includes creating and maintaining a strong evidence base for our product claims and their intended impacts. All products undergo rigorous independent testing to meet or exceed protocols established by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) We also built and run an ISO accredited water laboratory based in Vietnam that does quality validation and testing of all of our new and existing products.
- Membrane microfilter: 0.2 micron pore size. Removes 99.999999% of bacteria, 99.999% of parasites, and 99.999% of microplastics
- Also removes silt, sand, and cloudiness
- Carbon fiber filter: Improves taste while reducing lead and other heavy metals, chlorine, and organic chemical matter such as pesticides, herbicides, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards for bacteria and protozoa reduction
- Meets NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for chlorine reduction, bad taste, odor
- Meets NSF/ANSI Standard 53 for lead reduction
- Membrane microfilter lifetime: 500 gallons (2,000 liters)
- Carbon filter lifetime: 25 gallons (100 liters)
- Filtration powered by: suction (as a straw or in-line), pressure (in the squeezable bottle), gravity (when paired with a gravity system).
- Flow Rate: 0.9 liters/minute
- EPA Est. No. 95395-KOR-1
DOWNLOAD EVIDENCE DOSSIER (PDF)