Log it. View it. Share it. Know Your Conditions.
Kestrel DROPs are small, rugged, and accurate environmental data loggers. The Kestrel Drop D1 targets many markets including Transportation, Agriculture, Firefighting, Facilities Management, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Consumer and others.
With made in the USA quality standards and durability from NK, manufactures of Kestrel Meters, the applications are endless. From measuring environmental data during cargo transport to conditions in the field for military training to feeling secure about the climate conditions in any room, shipped box, cargo, trailer, freight container, to as simple as a room in your home or office building, you are able to measure all of these conditions even when you’re physically not there. And if you're looking for a way to attach your DROP right where you need it, take a look at these options.
Built to Kestrel’s brand specific rugged durability standard, the Kestrel DROPs are waterproof (IP67 standard) and drop-tested to MIL-STD-810G. Users are also able to set threshold alarms where an in-app pop-up will notify a user in range that certain measurement criteria have been met.
- View, chart, record and monitor your environmental conditions
- Real time, Wireless, Graphing functionality
- Access real time or chart the data via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on your smart device
- Log options: 2s, 5s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 1min, 2min, 5min, 10min, 20min, 30min, 1hr, 2hr, 6hr, 12hr
- Range of 100 feet for iPhone connection
- Download the Kestrel Connect App directly from the iTunes App store or Google Play.
- Share real-time / logged data with Kestrel Connect app via email, text, and social media.
- Battery life of 6 months - 1 year depending on user settings and logging
- The Humidity does NOT need to be calibrated over time as with the Kestrel Wind Meters.
See The Kestrel Fire Weather DROP with added feature: Wet Bulb Temp (Psychrometric)
COMPARE DROP FEATURES
iOS and Android Requirements:
iOS: iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or iPod Touch 5th generation – or any later iOS or hardware configuration. Will not work on iPhone 4, 3GS on 3G or any earlier iPad or iPod generation
Android: Android 4.2 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth Smart®, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola Droid, and other recent generation phones and tablets.
Getting Data Logs off iOS Device:
There are two ways to Export data off your smartphone / tablet device:
- Directly from the Stats Page or
- Manage Logging from the Manage page
Exported in Comma Separated file, or .CSV file which is easily imported into an Excel type program.
You would then Export to a valid email address or using AirDrop.
DROP Apps: A few companies (might be more) producing Apps that work with the DROP
- Ballistic AE
- AB Mobile (tactical version only)
- MD Ballistics
Data Points: 6220
- Logging every 2 seconds: Fills up after 3.4 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 43.2 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 259 days
- The battery life will vary based on usage.
- For baseline conditions and settings*, the battery will last approximately 6 months. *Temp = 75°F, Logging Rate = 10 Minutes, Update Rate = 30 seconds.
- Battery life will be reduced by:
- Colder conditions
- More frequent logging or update rates
- Downloads of large data logs (or firmware updates) are best completed with a fresh battery and in temperatures above 10°C / 50°F.