||Out of stock
"The FTS Chest Seal has proven to stop Tension Pneumothorax"
The FASTBreathe Thoracic Seal, is one of the most advanced thoracic seals on the market today, and boasts numerous improvements over other currently available chest seals.
FastBreathe Thoracic Seal (FTS) is intended for use in emergency situations to treat penetrating thoracic (chest) wounds that could comprise the pleural space of the thoracic cavity. The FTS seal uses proprietary hydrogel to form an aggressive bond to skin around the wound, allowing air to escape the pleural cavity and help prevent Tension Pneumothorax. A penetrating chest injury could lead to a "potentially life threatening condition" known as "Tension Pneumothorax" (collapsed lung) if left untreated. The FTS Chest Seal has proven to stop Tension Pneumothorax.
FASTBREATHE THORACIC SEAL (FTS) - APPLICATIONS:
- Law Enforcement;
- Extreme Sports;
- Commercial Safety.
- Proprietary FTS hydrogel provides maximum adhesion sticks to dirty, wet, and bloody skin;
- The FTS ability to be folded into compact cube shape (4" x 4") size allows it to be carried in most IFAKS and aid bags;
- Package includes absorbent wipe for use prior to applications of FTS that absorbs up to 8 times its weight;
- Unique % durable 360 degree side venting one way valve;
- Valve allows venting the slightest air pressure (.05 PSI) in the pleural cavity.
- Can be placed up, down, or sideways and covered with clothing, blankets, or body armor without obstructing air flow;
- Provides quick visual verification of functioning valve through translucent magnified clear top;
- Easily removed by lifting slightly and adding sterile water;
- Developed with input from US military to comply with new TCCC guidelines for penetrating thoracic wounds;
- 5 year shelf life - will not develop "Channeling" in folded areas;
- Tested at prolonged exposure of 140 F;
- Sterile Product;
- FTS is U.S. Patent and is Worldwide Patents Pending;
- Winner of the EMS Today - JEMS Hot Product Award - 2016;
- Weights & Dimensions:
- Packaged: (H 4.5 in. x W 3.9 in. x D 0.8 in.);
- Seal: (H 6 in. x W 6 in. x D .04 in.);
- Weight: (50 g / 1.8 oz.).
- FastBreathe Thoracic Seal (FTS): Spec Sheet (PDF) - (Click Here)
Videos & Extras:
- FastBreathe Thoracic Seal - (FTS): Product Video - (Click To View)