3M Peltor COMTAC III Hearing Defender - PELMT17H682FB-09-CY, Coyote Brown
Note: This item and can also be constructed into the made-to-order Single Comm Headset.
- Style: 3M Peltor ComTac ACH Communication Headset (MT17H682FB-09 CY, Coyote Brown)
- Level-dependent surround sound for ""talk-thru"" function
- External communications and stereo ""talk-thru"" are independent of each other
- Ambidextrous noise-canceling boom mic
- Meets Environmental Standard MIL-STD-810F
- Meets EMI Standard MIL-STD-461E
- TAA, and Berry Amendment Compliant
- Adjustable sizing to fit different users
- Fielded by U.S. Army PEO Soldier and U.S. SOCOM "
- Battery Type: N/A
- Color: Coyote Brown
- Hearing Protection Type: Headband
- Product Series: MT Series
- Product Type: Headset
- Recommended Industry: Military Tactical
Part Numbers To Construct Single Comm:
Level Dependent Functionaility, commonly referred to as “talk-thru,” is a means of allowing safe audio sounds to bypass the individual hearing protection while still protecting against harmful noises. This can be accomplished with a proprietary digital audio circuit integrated into the headset. A microphone will receive sounds outside its headset and transmit those to a speaker inside the headset. This Level Dependent Digital Audio Circuit easily senses noise levels above the desired threshold and compresses each to a safe decibel level or amplifies weak sounds to an audible level.
Compression vs. Clipping
3M has incorporated compression technology to remove the “clipping” effect heard in common talk-thru systems. “Clipping” can result in missing the first syllable of important commands. This technology resolves that issue and dramatically improves speech intelligibility.
ComTac External Communication (i.e. radio or intercom) and “talk thru” are completely independent of one another. In the unlikely event of electronic failure or battery depletion, external communications will continue to function.
-MIL STD 810F, Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
-Submersion: 3 feet, 30 minutes, salt-water-survivable
-MIL STD 461E, Department of Defense Interface Standard, Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment
-CS1 14, RE101, RE-102-4, RS101 and RS103 Requirements
Noise Reduction Ratings(NRR)
(per ANSI S3.19-1974; NAVLAP Certified - Tested internally at 3M’s NAVLAP-accredited facility)
-COMTAC III ACH (headband version, standard foam cushion): NRR 23 dB
-COMTAC IV: Classic Foam Eartip - NRR 30 dB; UltraFit Reusable Eartip - NRR 18 dB
Contact our Customer Service to obtain product certifications for the following:
*Buy American Act for Department of Defense
*Trade Agreement Act
*Headsets classified as ECCN: 5A991.G